Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fruit decorations

A simple cake, and then the tricky bit... making it look great!
This was my first attempt at decorating a cake with fruit. It's tricky keeping everything spaced evenly. Next time I think I might draw some guidelines in the whipped cream before I add any fruit.

Here's the result of my efforts:



And a close up of the centre - a strawberry flower. Worked okay on the first try. Cut carefully!



Also, what you can't see is that I cut the cake horizontally and added a thin layer of strawberry slices, topped with a very thinly sliced kiwi. To keep everything stuck together I used whipped cream. I happen to not have a good storage container for round cakes, so I couldn't decorate the sides, otherwise, I would have coated the sides with almond bits.

Enjoy your summer fresh fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment