Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cabaza Cake


Let's face it, we all love cake. So, here for you today is a moist cake packed with nutrition and flavor. I haven't had too many trials of this cake yet, but it does not disappoint. I plan to further experiment with this recipe by replacing the sugar and trying different combinations of flours.

Recipe: Cabaza Cake
2 eggs
2 tbsp oil or margarine or butter
1/4 cup plain natural yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
3/8 cup sugar
1 banana
1 carrot grated
1 cup zucchini grated
1 apple finely chopped
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake at 350 degrees:
9x9" pan for 40-45 minutes
9x12" pan for 30-35 minutes

Directions:
1) Beat eggs, then mix in oil, yogurt, and sugar until well blended.
2) Add in banana, carrot, zucchini, apple, and raisins. Mix well.
3) Gradually fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Do no over mix.
4) Pour the batter into a 9x9" pan for a thick, hearty cake, or 9x12" pan for a lighter version
5) Bake at 350 degrees: 9x9" pan for 40-45 minutes or  9x12" pan for 30-35 minutes or until needle comes out clean
6) Let cool in the pan
7) Cut and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a picture of what the finished product looks like. A delicious looking picture always motivates me more to trying a new recipe :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Next time I make this, I'll try to remember to take a picture and add it to this post. Since I made this recipe myself, I can't google a picture for you, but it looks a bit like a carrot cake.

    ReplyDelete